What is Business English?
The Business English Certificates are designed for the purpose of international business and trade.
There are three different levels of Business English:
- B1 Business Preliminary (BEC P)
- B2 Business Vantage (BEC V)
- C1 Business Higher (BEC H)
They are aligned with Levels B1 to C1 of the CEFR an internationally recognised benchmark of language ability.
Who is this Business Vantage exam for and why should I take it?
- B2 Business Vantage is a Higher Intermediate level business exam and suitable for people who are either preparing for a career in business or those who are already working in a lower-middle management or middle-senior clerical position.
- It can help you show that you have learned English to an appropriate standard and can use it in a business context.
- The Business English exams are suitable for adults (aged 16 and over).
What is the format of the exam?
|Listening||40 min approx|
|Speaking||14 min approx|
Each component of the exam carries 25% of the total marks.
- Candidates can access their results on Candidate Result website.
- For paper-based exams, these will be available after 4 to 6 weeks.
- For computer-based exams, they will be available after 2 to 3 weeks.
- Results are reported using Cambridge Assessment English Scale.
- You will receive a separate score for each of the four skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
- These scores are averaged to give you an overall result for the exam.
For B2 Business Vantage, there are three Pass grades:
- A (score between 180 and 190)
- B (score between 173 and 179)
- C (score between 160 and 172)
and two Fail grades:
- Council of Europe Level B1 (score between 140 and 159)
- Not Reported (139 and below)
There is no minimum pass mark for individual papers.
The grade is based on the total score of all 4 papers.
Certificates are awarded to candidates who score 140 and above and are despatched approximately 10 days after the results release window has ended.